Home Page Featured Content
March 17, 2015
Please take a few moments to respond to the survey contained at the link below regarding the tentative recommendation of the BCPS Start Time Committee. This survey will be active until 12:00 on March 25, 2015. The committee values input from all stakeholders. All responses should be on the survey; those written as comments to social media posts will not be considered.
Thank you for all that you do!
March 17, 2015
Good afternoon Bulldogs!
- PTA Pizza pickups are TODAY from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
- Thursday night is SBDM at 4:15pm, PTA meeting at 6:00pm, & AR Night from 6:00pm -7:30pm.
- Don't forget that all BCPS schools will be in session Friday.
- Also, Kindergarten pre-registration for next school year is this Friday from 9:30am-2:30pm.
Thank you and have a great day!
February 18, 2015 -
Good morning Bulldogs!
It’s been a cold, snowy past few days Hopefully, we can get back into school as soon as possible. Please remember that safety is a priority as well as educating our students. Our district greatly values those two items.
We have our Science Fair Showcase and monthly AR/Reading night scheduled for tomorrow at 6:00pm. These two events are contingent on school being in session and the weather remaining calm. I will work to keep you informed about those events. The general policy for any event is: No school=No event. Please check Facebook and/or your email for eNews.
With that being said, I am really excited to showcase our great scientific minds! We may have a future Nobel, National Science, or Copley award winner in our midst! The 4th grade students have worked so hard on their experiments and presentations. Come on out and see the scientific process at work! LJ’s Science Fair will begin at 6:00 pm in the gym. The results will be announced in the gym at 6:45pm.
Family Reading/AR Night
This event continues to grow each month. Last month we doubled our participation numbers. The best part was the fact that we had many families enjoying a night of reading with each other. It is exciting to see the various development levels of students as they are able to show off their current reading abilities! Reading Night will begin at 6:00pm in the Library.
LJES Literacy Night
March 3rd is our Title I Family Literacy Night. So mark your calendars! The entire week will be Dr. Seuss themed. Each day will be a different dress up day. Information on this event will be coming home soon.
Our attendance has continued to take a dip this school year each month. I’m hoping everyone has recovered from our string of sickness that impacted our school. Please ensure that you make every attempt to come to school. In order to learn and grow students must attend school. Our year-to-date attendance rate is 95.98%. This is by far the lowest it has been in a number of years. Our month 5 attendance was 94.94%.
- Clothing: We have a number of students wearing shorts or not wearing a coat/jacket. Please ensure your student(s) wear appropriate clothing for the current weather. Some students say they wear track pants over shorts and then take the pants off at school. This may seem okay, but in the event of a REAL emergency, students would not have time to grab their pants to put them on. Those students would then be outside in shorts.
- Car riders: Thank you for working with Mr. Weihe and the AM/PM staff members. We have made some tweaks to our procedures recently and we are being more safe and efficient. Those changes were to get cars off the highway. The preferred procedure would be to take Eskridge and Heft to LJ that way we do not cause congestion on the highway. If you are next in line to enter our parking lot, please ensure you have enough room to completely pull your vehicle into our parking lot.
- Thank you for pulling up to Mr. Kuhn in the mornings, this has made a world of difference in efficiency and safety.
LJES new website:
New BCPS website:
19th: SBDM 4:15pm
19th: Science Fair 6:00pm
19th: AR Night 6:00 pm
23rd: District Assembly at Maryville Elem 4:00pm
23rd: BCPS Board Meeting 6:00 pm
3rd: Spring Pictures
3rd: Family Literacy Night presents “Oh the Places you’ll go”
9th: No School for students: District Work day
17th: McDonald’s Night 5-8pm
19th: SBDM 4:15pm
19th: Family Reading/AR night
If you have any questions or concerns please call the school at 869-2200. We will do everything we can to ensure we can help you or answer your question.
Stay warm and be safe!
Mr. Durham and the awesome faculty/staff at LJES