Hello Trailblazer Families:
Each year a teacher stands out and goes above and beyond the regular expectations of school. We have a building full of dedicated teachers, but one stood apart. Ms. Kellie Weihe, our very own librarian, is Crossroads Elementary's 2015 Teacher of the Year. Ms. Weihe brings books to life in the library and enhances instruction using art techniques througout the curriculum. We are blessed to have someone like Ms. Weihe with us each and every day. Congratulations, Ms. Weihe!
Our RED HANDED Students:
- Congratulations to our CES Science Fair participants and winners! The competition was FIERCE this year with FANTASTIC projects. Our overall school winners were: Mason Roach, 1st; Allison Weihe, 2nd; and Ella McPherson, 3rd! These students will go to the district competition on March 12 at Brooks Elementary!
- We are a little over a month away from the SPRING MAP assessment for grades 2 - 5. Please watch your child's agenda for upcoming dates to be announced.
- Report Cards will be coming home on March 17.
- Month 6 attendance was much better! We were 96.39% for the month. Please make sure your children are here and on time, attendance is EXTREMELY important!
- Please remember, if you enter the building, you will need to sign in and show your ID. Thank you!
- With the frigid temperatures, please make sure your children are wearing the appropriate clothing. Coats are a must! If you do not have access to coats, please let us know! Mrs. Lowery in the FRC can help!
- COOKIE DOUGH SALES ARE BEGINNING! Check your child's backpack for information concerning our annual Cookie Dough Sales.
- We have some left over SPIRIT WEAR for sale. Unfortunately, we do not have many children's sizes, but we do have adult. T-shirts are $5 and Sweatshirts are $10. First come, first serve in the office, cash only. THANKS!
- The PTA meets each month on the Second Tuesday in the library at 5:00 pm.
- Monday – Friday, February 23 – 27: Jump Rope for Heart
- Monday, February 23: Board Meeting; PTA COOKIE DOUGH SALES BEGIN!
- Tuesday, February 24: Academic Team District FPS/Composition Competition at CES
- Friday, February 27: Beta Club Induction, 4th Grade Deposit Due
- Saturday, February 28: Academic Team District Competition at CES
Mrs. Skeens and the Staffulty of CES
CES Overachieving Goals
1. Build a Community of Learners that is safe and encouraging.
2. Increase Attendance to ensure students are at school to learn.
3. Increase Student Achievement by using best practices that teach the whole child