August 14, 2015
I am a TRAILBLAZER... I Listen, Excel, Always Care & Do What is Right! I am a TRAILBLAZER, I LEAD!
Hello Trailblazer Families!
A BIG SHOUT OUT TO...
Steve Cox for all his help on the first day of school! He helped with the Car rider line and is our first WATCHDOG of the year! Thanks, Steve!!
THANK YOU to everyone who has made this an excellent start to school! WE are so appreciative of your patience as transportation often takes longer at the beginning of the year.
At this point, we have lots of classes that are over capacity. We will be working hard to alleviate this situation, but could potentially need to move some students into different classes. Please bear with us, as it may take several days to figure out how to make these changes. More information will be provided as soon as we can.
* Crossroads opens at 8:30 am and instruction begins promptly at 9:00 am. Please make sure that if your child is going to eat breakfast, that he/she is here before 8:50 so there is plenty of time to eat. Students need to be ready to learn by 9:00am.
* Make a note, please; HIGH ATTENDANCE DAY IS SEPTEMBER 24!!
* Students will begin to be assessed and the core instruction will begin this week. Please check your child's agenda each day and all other information will be sent home in the TAKE HOME TUESDAY folder.
* Please use the crosswalk when coming in to the building and remember to bring your picture ID. We must check each person prior to entering the building.
* Please do not drop off students prior to 8:30 am. We do not have supervision prior to this time and we want to make sure our students are safe!
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. MANION:
Girls on the Run Louisville is Returning to Crossroads Elementary!
We are excited to announce that Girls on the Run is coming to Crossroads in the fall! Girls on the Run is a ten-week after school program that combines physical activity with inspiring, fun lessons that teach girls how to handle the difficult social pressures of adolescence. Girls on the Run provides 3rd – 5th grade girls with the tools they need to become strong, confident, healthy young women who make good choices. The season starts on September 8 and ends with the Girls on the Run Fall 5K on November 21 in Waterfront Park, where girls from all over Louisville celebrate their accomplishments with their families, friends, and community! This C-J video, that was filmed at our Fall 2014 5K, perfectly describes Girls on the Run!
Crossroads practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:15 pm
The cost of the program, including the Fall 5K, is $150. A limited number of scholarships are available for financial hardship. To register your girl for the Fall 2015 season, please click here. Registration closes September 2, 2015. To find out more about Girls on the Run Louisville, visit the website atwww.gotrlouisville.org. If you have questions please email Lisa Runkle at Lisa.Runkle@girlsontherun.org.
August 19: SBDM, 5:00p; Pre-School Begins
- August 20: Quality Care Screeners, Girl Scouts Parent Night, 6:30p
- August 28: KONA
- August 31: Teacher Work Day, NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Skeens and the Staffulty of CES