STUDENTS 09.12 AP.1
Student Enrollment Procedures
Below is a list of acceptable documents to establish residency in Bullitt County as well as within appropriate school district boundaries.
Establish Guardianship: If there is a custody agreement, the school will need a copy of the most current agreement/court order. Then:
- Copies of parent’s/guardian’s current drivers license (or current state issued photo identification card) reflecting the appropriate address in Bullitt County and your school’s district (KRS 186.540). The parent/guardian must be living in the household with the student.
Once the current driver’s license has been provided, one additional form of proof must be submitted. THE LIST BELOW CONTAINS THE ACCEPTABLE ITEMS TO ESTABLISH RESIDENCY:
- Current vehicle registration that matches the driver’s license submitted
- Current employee check stub – must have current address
- Voter registration card
- Government agency correspondence – must have current address
- Utility bill: Current electricity, gas or water bill – must have current address
- Authentic home builder contract, lease, closing statement, or other home dwelling document
Required Documents for Enrollment
- Birth Certificate [Required]. If the parent does not have one upon entry, the parent may complete the state form, submit a check or money order, and address to the school. This will suffice for enrollment. The school will then receive the certificate, copy for school records, and return the original to the parent (KRS 158.032). http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/vital/birthcert.htm
- Current Immunization Record [Required for Preschool and Kindergarten students upon initial enrollment.] Students enrolling in the District from other counties in Kentucky are required to have a current immunization certificate upon enrollment. Students enrolling from out-of-state will have two (2) weeks to provide immunization information on a Kentucky form; however, if not submitted to the school within this timeframe, the school will need to notify the parent that the child cannot return to school until the current immunization record is submitted to the school (KRS 158.035, KRS 214.034, Policy 09.211, & Policy 09.121).
- Physical/Preventive Health Care Examination – (Initial Entry in a Kentucky School/Entry into Sixth Grade) A completed physical on a Kentucky health form or an appointment card noting a physical within the next 30 (thirty) days must be submitted. The parent may have up to 30 (thirty) additional days for this; however, if not submitted to the school within this timeframe, the school will need to notify the parent that the child cannot return to school until the physical is submitted to the school (KRS 156.160, 704 KAR 4:020, Policy 09.211).
- Eye exam by January 1 of the first year that a three (3), four (4), five (5) or six (6) year old child is enrolled in a public school, preschool or Head Start program (KRS 156.160, 704 KAR 4:020, Policy 09.211).
- Evidence of a dental screening or examination shall be required by January 1 of the first year that a five (5) and six (6) year old is enrolled. (KRS 156.160, Policy 09.211)
►The school counselor shall make every effort to assist the parents in obtaining needed documentation. School staff should contact the appropriate District social worker to assist with families having difficulty providing required documentation or for military families, foster families or homeless families unable to provide required documentation in the given timelines. Depending on the situation, absences resulting from a child being excluded from school may be designated as unexcused absences. Referrals will be made to the director of pupil personnel for final notice prior to exclusion from school and possible court action. School staff must immediately report information, to the pupil personnel office, on any student not enrolled as a result of failing to provide current documentation.
For additional information see Policies 09.12 and 09.121 and corresponding procedures.