Roby’s Student Lighthouse Team members are to understand and practice the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Members will work closely with the staff Lighthouse Team and make a positive impact for the Roby students, staff, families, and community. Members will help plan leadership events and leadership opportunities throughout the school year and ensure Roby’s consistency as a Leader in Me school.
Roby’s Student Lighthouse Team members must consistently demonstrate the following leadership characteristics:
- Dependability, reliability, and respect
- Completes classwork and homework assignments
- Strong work ethic
- Exemplary conduct and citizenship in and out of school
- Excellent attendance (on time with limited absences and early check-outs)
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to teach and demonstrate the 7 Habits to other students
Student Lighthouse members meet at least once a month and sometimes on an as needed basis.