Principal Message

Last Updated: 12/13/2021 2:27 PM

picture of Dr. Hannah Scott

July 25, 2021

Roby Families, 

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer break. I also hope you are relaxed, recharged and ready to start a new school year. I am honored to be here serving you and excited that you are part of our amazing learning community. This will be my 16th year in education and my fifth year in administration. While much of my experience has been working with special education, program and curriculum design, and MTSS in grades 6th through 12th, I did have the opportunity to lead in a K-12 day treatment alternative to education program. I have learned from these experiences that, in many ways, we are all the same. We want to be heard, understood and valued as people, regardless of our perceived differences. 

All signs point to a connected and collaborative school year. Our skilled and devoted caregivers are already planning and preparing for your child(ren). Our enthusiastic front office office team is registering new families, ordering needed materials and updating student files. Our hard working custodian and maintenance staff have spent the entire summer thoroughly cleaning and preparing the facility for our Cougar Cubs!

After being inactive through much of the pandemic, our much-appreciated PTA is gearing up to welcome families, provide volunteer opportunities, and offer other exciting events and programs. We are indeed a caring community that believes all students can learn at the highest levels with the appropriate scaffolding and support. Our priorities this year include intentional and proactive communication, caregiving, community and family engagement and academic experiences stamped with excellence.

Thank you to all who are helping prepare for the new school year. Your commitment to ensuring that Roby is a celebrated and successful school is awe-inspiring. I eagerly look forward to greeting students and families. I welcome and value your positive energy and dedication to excellence in our student learning experiences, and I look forward to working with you and your children. Please stop by and say hello. Together, I know we will make this school year one of care, growth and achievement for all children.

Warmest Regards,

Hannah Scott, Ed.D.